Tuta-Me (Pty) Ltd together with its affiliates (collectively “Optimi” or “we” or “us” or “our”) form part of the Optimi Group under Optimi Holdings (Pty) Ltd. We provide various innovative educational solutions as well as related products and services.
We value and respect your right to privacy and the trust you place in us by giving us your (and/or your minor dependents ) personal information. We strive to adhere to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”) the at all times.
Should you have any concerns as to the manner in which your personal information is being used, we will assist you in efficiently resolving such concerns.
· Your general use of the websites, apps, online-platforms, software and/or computer programs owned or controlled by us, or provided by a third party on our behalf (“Platform”); and/or
· Your communications with us.
Some of our Platforms are aimed at children under the age of 18, therefore, we collect and use personal information of children which has been provided to us by:
· Their parent/legal guardian; and/or
· The child when using our Platform under the consent of their parent/legal guardian.
We may collect and process the following information (which may include personal information) about you and/or your minor dependent:
The personal information that we collect and use may be provided to us in one or more of the instances stated below (this list is not exhaustive):
· On the registration forms you submit to us regarding our Platforms, products and/or services;
· Through correspondence with us via e-mail, fax, telephone, post and our Platforms as well as social media;
· When visiting our Platforms;
· When a third party delivers services to its clients using our platforms
· When a third party requests us to deliver services to its clients or partners on its behalf
· At social events;
· Via any other third parties;
· During visits to our offices;
· Via social media;
· Through our marketing services.
In most cases we explicitly request your consent to use your personal information, however, in some cases we may infer consent from your actions and/or behaviour, or may act on instruction of a third party who you have provided consent to. In the instance where we act on instruction of a third party, we abide by all restrictions and confidentiality obligations stipulated by that party, and that party may be requested to provide you with details of such restrictions.
Collecting information when you Register:
Collecting information when you Communicate with us:
Collecting information when you make use of our Platforms:
Collecting information via Third Parties:
Collecting information via Third Party Websites:
Collecting information when visiting our Offices:
Collection information via Social Media:
Collecting information via our Marketing Services:
We may use the information (including personal information) we hold about you and/or your minor dependent i n the following ways:
· To identify your minor dependent to effect the registration process;
· To open your account with us;
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, when you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· To keep record of information associated to the products and/or services for which you have registered;
· To respond to your queries, comments and complaints;
· To ensure that content from our Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use to access a Platform;
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our products and/or services when you choose to do so;
· To carry out and enforce any contracts that may form between us;
· To notify you about changes to our products and/or services;
· To send promotional information and announcements.
To enable us to deliver our products and/or services to you, your information is shared with our employees as well as third parties that assist us in delivering our products and services to you.
Third parties that we share information with on a regular basis include:
· Schools, learning centres, tutors, academic assessment service providers and other services providers that you have linked to our products and/or services and where such third party needs a record of the clients and/or children registered with us and, as such, are entitled to our products and/or services.
· Suppliers and contractors who assist us in providing our services and products.
· Warehousing, delivery or courier services that enable us to deliver our products and/or services to you.
· Service providers who assist us in maintaining our IT infrastructure.
· Consultants and advisors including, but not limited to, legal advisors, business consultants, financial advisors and auditors specifically appointed by us to render professional services in respect of our business.
· Regulatory bodies and agencies to which we are required to provide information..
· Our shareholders and stakeholders.
· Third parties that we share personal information with on an ad hoc basis:
In some instances we may need to share your personal information with a third party to comply with a legal requirement, for example:
· Law enforcement or government authorities – where there is a legal requirement to disclose the information;
· Examination board – personal information of your minor dependent may be shared with the relevant examination board for those learners who enter the Further Education and Training Phase.
Should we share your personal information with a third party, such information is limited to the agreement between us and the third party. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential and secure by such third parties.
We do not sell your personal information. However, should we enter into a sale or business agreement, merger, consolidation, a change in control of our business, reorganisation or liquidation of all or a portion of our business, the purchaser will be bound to the same terms and conditions that apply to us in respect of your and/or your minor dependent’s personal information, unless otherwise advised.
We may transfer your personal information outside of South Africa. If your personal information is to be transferred outside of South Africa, we shall insure compliance with the Chapter 9 provisions of POPI.
The personal information that you provide will be retained, in a secure manner, for as long as is required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Without limiting the generality of the above:
· Personal information, registration information, assessment and curriculum information and all financial information will be kept for the duration of your relationship with us, and for a period of five years after termination thereof, or as long as stipulated in any statute or law.
We take all commercially reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information, and we require any third party that handles your personal information on our behalf to do the same. These measures include the following:
· We have appointed a group Information officer, and deputy Information officers to ensure that compliance in relation to data security and privacy legislation is actively monitored assessed for risks;
· We conduct regular risk assessments to ensure that we are aware of any physical and/or technological risks to your personal information. We believe that our technical and organisational measures are appropriate to address these risks;
· We restrict access to your personal information to authorised employees and third parties;
· We require third parties to undertake confidentiality and data protection obligations prior to providing them with any personal information.
· We use encryption when transmitting confidential, personal information; and
· We implement regular employee training sessions to ensure compliance of our personal in relation to information security and privacy policies and procedures.
We cannot guarantee the security of information that is sent to us. You are responsible for using secure methods when sending confidential information to us.
Optimi only collects personal information when you provide such information voluntarily. The collected personal information is stored in databases to which access is strictly controlled and is made available only to those who need to have access to such information in the course of their duties.
The personal information you submit when you register on our Platforms may be protected by a unique custome r password and user ID. You should not disclose your password information to anyone and always remember to log off after each session .
W e have taken certain security precautions to safeguard your personal information. However, as with most electronic transactions, no method is impervious to attack . While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect the personal information you provide, we cannot guarantee its security. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no liability regarding the theft, loss, alteration or misuse of personal or other information or content, including, without limitation, such information as has been provided to third parties or other users, or regarding the failure of a third party to abide by the agreement between us and such third party.
We may contact you regarding our products and services as well as events which may be of interest to you, provided that you have given us consent to do so, or you have previously requested a similar product or service from us, or made an enquiry in respect of another product or service in group offering. You may request us to stop (“opt out”) sending you such communication at any time. Any direct marketing communication that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out of receiving such information in future.
It is important that we have up-to-date and accurate records of your personal information. You may update your information by contacting the relevant department and answering the necessary security questions and/or following the required procedures put in place from time to time to effect the change of your information.
You have the right to:
· Know what personal information we have about you (or your minor dependent );
· Request that we correct or update your personal information on our records;
· Report any misuse of your personal information.
In the event that you wish to revoke any consent pertaining to your personal information and you would like us to remove and/or delete your personal information entirely, you may contact us telephonically or notify us in writing. Revoking consent to use and collect certain information may prevent us from providing or rendering our products or services to you or your minor dependent .
We can be contacted in the following ways:
Submit a query online, clearly setting out your concern or request to: POPIA@workplace.co.za.
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide us with the full name and student number of your minor dependent , or the full name of the account holder. To guard against fraudulent requests, we may require further information to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
We will endeavour to respond to your request or provide the information you have requested, within a reasonable time. We may charge an appropriate fee for the cost of fulfilling your request (e.g. photocopying and postage) to the extent permitted by the applicable law.
Last Updated: 30 June 2021